Sunday, September 1, 2013

School's back in session and hug-bys: 77 days!

This past week in Chicago, we had the Chicago Triathlon on Sunday (and I was so proud of my athletes!), public and private schools starting this week and the start of me doing twice a week CompuTrainer! Yeah, I'm on a mission. Not a mission from God (That's a Blues Brothers reference, watch the movie!). But my mission, that I have accepted is to cross the finish line of Ironman Arizona smiling and maybe doing a dance or a pushup or 2. Crazy? No!! It's kind of funny when people ask me about why I am doing this race again, I turn around and ask them, "Why not?" Don't tell me what I can't do because I will prove you wrong or try my damndest to prove a point. It's the Leo and Year of the Ox in me. So where is my head at, right now? I feel ok. I had my ass served to me on a silver platter by one of our Endurance Swim Coaches. He found 2 goofy things going on with my stroke. Will be working on that for the next 77 days! Now what the Hell is a Hug-by? Well, when you are running on the lakefront path in Chicago (it's beautiful) and you see a friend running in the opposite direction, you look both ways and do a hug-by! I did it once the week before and twice on yesterday. Let me now get back to work to train my next Pilates client. Tomorrow is Labor Day and I have a do over of my 16 mile run from yesterday and a 2 mile swim. And of course get some work done.

No comments:

Post a Comment