Monday, September 30, 2013

48 days and I am just plain TIRED!!!

So, I am now 7 weeks out from Ironman Arizona. Ironman training is like being in a relationship. There are so many emotional ups and downs that I can't keep up. This week, I'm tired and just emotionally drained. With trying to keep up with work, training, coaching, eating and laundry (let's not even discuss it), it's been hard. I wasn't able to get in a long ride this weekend due to I had to work. I was able to get my long run in but it was AWFUL I tell you, but I got through it. I don't remember training being like this, or maybe I am doing a complete mental block. I do that sometimes, a good defense mechanism. Some good things that happened in the past week: My swimming is slowly improving where I feel that I am going to be AMAZING barring any leg cramps. I am dilligently working with Coach Allan and practicing everything he is telling me like a saint (I so am not). I felt amazing in my second CompuTrainer session of the week. It was hard, don't get me wrong, but something just clicked. My hands no longer hurt (you don't realize how much you use your hands until you try to drain a pot of pasta-don't ask). Also, my friend Skip took me to dinner on Saturday night at Leonardo's. I have a weakness for mushroom risotto....yummmmmmm. I just have to keep telling myself with everything that is happening, it is all for a reason. And that reason is Ironman Arizona and crossing that finish line with a big ass smile on my face. I am hoping this week goes so much better than last week...only 14 days before I unleash my marathoners onto the Chicago Marathon Course. I feel so proud of each and every one of them. I guess I'm doing something right when everything else is falling apart. : (

No comments:

Post a Comment