Thursday, September 19, 2013

59 days: Have fun like a kid!

A lot of you do not know that I coach children's swimming. Yesterday was the first day of me back in the saddle coaching after a month and a half break. It was fun observing how excited and enthusiastic (well, most of them), about jumping in the pool. The first day is usually me evaluating them, trying to find what their skill level is at. I had some who went down and back (our pool at my club is only 17 yards), some only went half way and one girl told me straight up that she wanted to do Zumba. I convinced her this was a better option. Don't worry, I know her from previous sessions. Once they went through their evaluations, I spoke with them on what to expect. After that, I let them have free time (i.e. pool party play time). Just watching them play gave me a reminder to have some fucking fun in this crazy training called Ironman. There were kids who were afraid of the deep part of the pool (4 feet, hey , he's only 5) but he saw everyone else laughing and having fun so he joined in and guess what? He made it to the deep end. So, this morning, I knew what the CompuTrainer workout was going to be so I had my iPOD playlist created called Course ride mojo-this was an interval ladder workout consisting of a 15 minute warmup, 5 minutes to recalibrate and then 2 min at 75%, 2 min at 100%, 2 min at 75%, 2 min at 110%, 2 min at 75%, 1 min at 120%, 2 min at 75%, 1 min at 130%, 2 min at 75%, 30 sec at 140%, 2 min at 75% and then repeat this in reverse, but then we had 10 minutes at 90%. Somewhere around minute 6, I started having fun. I was in aero position for the full minutes and just rocking out to "Din Daa Daa" by George Kranz and "I Decided (the disco remix)" by Solange. This is what training is suppose to be-FUN!!! This is what I will be taking with me the remaining 59 days. It took a group of 5-9 year olds to remind me of that. So what is my full Course Ride Mojo playlist? *"C'est la vie (Fedde vs MartinClub Mix) from Azuli presents Ibiza 2008 Unmixed edition *"Conduction (Contains Accapella of Ladybug Mecca "Dogg Starr")from Om: Winter Sessions (disc 2) *"Din Daa Daa" by George Kranz *"Falling (Original Mix)" by Soulmakers *"Fever (Paul Woolford Mix)" from Om: Winter Sessions (Disc 1) *"Flawless (Go to the City)" by George Michael *"Get Right (Featuring Fabolous)" by Jennifer Lopez *"I Decided (Moto Blanco Edit)" by Solange *"Crown Royal (Shelter Remix)" by Jill Scott *"Oye Mi Canto (Original Dirty Mix)" by N.O.R.E. featuring Nina Sky, Tego Calderon, Gemstar & Big Mato *"Shotgun (featuring Camille Jones)" by Fedde le Grand

No comments:

Post a Comment