Monday, September 16, 2013

62 days: 6 + 2 = 8 and add 1 to equal 9 weeks to go

Ignore the fact that I am a numbers person with the title of this post. A lot of people around me are stressing out-they are not even racing. Why people??? Why??? Come on, I am the one putting in all of the hours of training, eating (getting better), sleeping (not really), but I guess they are living vicariously through me. Oh, this is funny as hell. Anyhoo, let's do a week in review here: the good, the bad and the downright ugly: The good: I had the BEST 2 mile swim in Lake Michigan on Monday when it was oh, 93+ degrees outside. Yeah, I got admonished because I swam by myself, but I got it done. Oh, and by the way, this hot chic damn nearly caused a bike accident with 3 bikers when I was coming out of the lake (I was wearing a workout bikini). The bad: CompuTrainer round 2-this shit was HARD!!!! 5, count them 5 7-minute intervals starting at 95% of our threshold up to 115% with a 3 minute interval in between each. I pushed through until the third interval when I dropped my power down to 175 from 192. Then, I came to my senses. I jacked it back up to 199. I'm training for Ironman. I'm a gladiator!! (Sorry for the Scandal reference). The UGLY: Not one, but multiple nose bleeds in the past 3 days and leg cramping that is not easing up from an 18 mile run. That's all I have to say about that. So what do I have on the radar for this week? Oh, a swim tonight at 5:30pm with Coach Allan (preparing to get my ass handed to me), a 6 mile, 8 mile and a 20 mile run, 2 CompuTrainer classes,2 more swims and a 100 mile OUTDOOR bike. I am actually scared of how my body will feel after the 20 mile run going the next day into a 100 mile bike. NO PAIN, NO GAIN!! Quote for the week: "Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts." - Winston Churchill Song for the week: "Keep On Going" - Vivian Green

No comments:

Post a Comment