Monday, August 19, 2013

Still in the 90s

Not the temperature silly, but in terms of days. This week has been challenging-in a good and bad way. Let's start with Sunday-woke up with the migraine from HELL!!! I was seeing red and black auras, light sensitivity (thank you Rudy Project for my prescription sunglasses), very cranky and couldn't eat. What was I suppose to do? Well. What I normally do-I went to work. I don't have an option, I'm a trainer (Pilates, marathon, triathlon). So, I went into the gym looking like total shit and went for it. I thought that I would die...no, really. Tried to eat and failed so I survived on coffee only. Wonderful weight loss...not. Tried resting, that didn't help either. Fast forward to Monday. Still felt like shit but I pushed on like most athletes. I'm more of an Amazon than athlete. : p I knew that I had to coach so I was ok, sort of but I did receive some great news! I got into the USAT Level I coaching clinic in Raleigh, NC. YAY me, nay bank account. Tuesday, my migraine will not go away but I am still working out, training and coaching. Can't stop-won't stop! I am a stubborn person. Wednesday and Thursday...meh!Ran a little under 25 miles in 4 days...what is going on? Migraine downgraded to a lowly headache. Oh Joy! Friday-Payroll day but I found time to get an hour swim in. Saturday-14 mile run with my marathoners followed by coaching a 2 hour swim practice. Sunday, I crashed after training and coaching for 4 hours! Wow, I don't usually sleep that much. Now we are back to Monday. We are 6 days from the Chicago Triathlon where my athletes will be ccompeting. I am so proud of them and that is what keeps me going. 13 weeks!

No comments:

Post a Comment