Saturday, November 21, 2015

Tapering down

"'Cause sometimes you just feel tired,
Feel weak, and when you feel weak, you feel like you wanna just give up.
But you gotta search within you, you gotta find that inner strength
And just pull that shit out of you and get that motivation to not give up
And not be a quitter, no matter how bad you wanna just fall flat on your face and collapse." - Lyrics to "Till I Collapse" by Eminem


Tapering down does not mean stop working out and eat everything as if you are a bear hibernating for the winter. No, there are some people who think that. As I am writing this, I am watching the snow lightly fall-I digress. Nope, tapering down means reducing your workout volume and not eating everything in sight except after a swim. ALWAYS after a swim. 

Right now, I am getting my race plan together for my coach. I actually threw out the first 3 drafts due to changes I found out about our start time and my race number changed (1433 now). I have a time in mind that I am NOT sharing with anyone. I've given only a very vague idea to some people. I feel ready. It's just been a LONG ASS TRAINING SEASON.

THINGS I MISS:

  • My bike. Yes, I miss Beeker but the wonderful folks at TriBike Transport are taking great care of him.
  • A somewhat normal schedule. Now, let's be honest, my schedule is not normal due to the fact that I am a Pilates Trainer, Personal Trainer, Group Exercise Instructor, Coach. My Ironman training schedule right now has revolved around my coaching, teaching and training schedule. It's been a circus at times but I don't regret it.
  • A normal load of laundry.
WHAT I DON'T MISS:
  • Racing to the gym to get that coveted swim lane at 5am.
  • Doing more laundry than is humanly possible for 1 person. Yes, 1 person! What in the hay????
  • Explaining to people that my race is the very last North American Ironman
One more blog post to go! Or maybe 2 before this race. 8 days to go! #RoadtoCozumel


  

No comments:

Post a Comment