Sunday, November 8, 2015

21 Days and I'm Still Standing

https://youtu.be/ZHwVBirqD2s

Yep, I'm still standing-still trying to figure that out. 3 weeks from today, I will be towing the line at IM Cozumel. These past few days have been extremely rough. Try doing an Ironman simulation when you had to work in the AM. It was rough, but I did it. I swam in the pool with my swim skin on. It was very comfortable while I was cranking out my 4300 yards except for the damn string attached to the zipper. Grrrr.....Gotta figure that out.

From the pool, I donned my tri shorts and top on went to the CompuTrainer. I had 5 hours to ride on the Cozumel course. The goal was to get 80-90 miles. I ended up with 75 miles and 3 movies.

The goal was time in the saddle, work on nutrition and high cadence. Because Cozumel will be hot and humid, I cranked up the heat, turned off the fans and got to pedaling. Oh, I also cranked up the Chicago House music as well to keep me motivated. https://youtu.be/LNRA2SOV3DY

After the bike, I had to get on the treadmill for 30 minutes. Why the treadmill? Well it was close to the studio and I did not have my headlamp to run outdoors. I made it through. I was tired. When I was leaving the gym, the front desk staffer looked at me like, "You have been here for HOW LONG?" Yeah, I was. She asked was I going to go home and sleep. Honey, I am getting something to eat. 10 wings, 3 shredded chicken tacos, yellow rice, black beans, water and a Corona (don't judge) later, it was time to go home and prepare for the next day.

Saturday's workout consisted of a 2 hour and 45 minute run. The run total was 15 miles + 1 1/2 miles walking back to my place because I ran with no Ventra Card (that's for the CTA-Chicago Transit). No temptation. The positives of my run:
  • Saw a beautiful sunrise
  • Saw 12 rabbits, 2 squirrels, 5 rats
  • The peace and tranquility of an early morning run
The negatives of my run:
  • I had to wear a hat
  • It was cold
  • It was dark
  • My body was tired
  • That wind though! Straight bullsh$t!
After laying on my grid foam roller and lacrosse ball for what seemed like forever, I had to eat and refuel. I tried to get in with a friend of mine for a massage but she was BOOKED! Grrrr....

Today, was Pilates! Oh, how I love Pilates!!!!! This is it!

Tomorrow, I start taper. That means my volume slowly decreases while I get my mind, body and soul ready for Cozumel. It's almost go time!

#Iwillnotgointothetapercrazies

https://youtu.be/ZA3n-KUe3j0

No comments:

Post a Comment