Thursday, November 12, 2015

17 days...there is a significance to this

Ok, there is no big surprise that I am the BIGGEST Prince fan next to my friend, Sally. 17 days is a title of one of my favorite songs. Actually, it is his most famous B-sides. It first appeared as the B-sides to "When Doves Cry". I digress...

I am in day 4 of my taper and I am not in "taper crazy". I'm just following my training plan and getting mentally ready for what's to come.

On Tuesday, I picked up my beloved Beeker and took him to Element Multisport. If you still have no clue who Becker is, this is him:

 
 
He is misunderstood. Yeah, he is a size smaller than I should be riding, but he is up to the challenge. TriBike Transport is who I use to send my guy to Mexico. I am a little sad that I only own 1 bike but that's ok. There's always the spin bike... cue sinister music: https://youtu.be/yXQViqx6GMY
 
 
Yes, Mariah Carey's "All I Want for Christmas" is sinister sounding.
 
Anyhoo, I have already started packing. Yep, shorts, running skirts, race gear and of course the bikini!!!! I need sunshine like it is no one's business. My run , this morning was a perfect example. Headwind coming and going plus some crosswinds. Mother Nature was damn disrespectful. Oh, and the real feel temperature was 29 degrees. Straight bull! THIS was the look on my face right before I had to turn around:
 


Yeah, I had an attitude. At one point, I was running in place. That gives a new meaning to the "running man".

Someone had asked me if I was scared and nervous and my response was, "NO". Why should I be scared. This is not my first rodeo nor will it be my last. I am just laser focused on what I have to do. My Coach, Jenny knows, my inner circle knows and of course, my loved ones know even though they don't understand this thing called Endurance Sports.

The Saga Continues...

No comments:

Post a Comment