Sunday, November 22, 2015

1 WEEK TO GO

At this time next week, I should be on the run of Ironman Cozumel. So, what is going on in my head? A lot of people are really wondering this, so here we go with a word and a song associated with each letter in Ironman Cozumel:

I is for Ironman. It is not a fad, it is not a phase. For me, it's a lifestyle.
"I'm Gonna Be Alright (Track Masters Remix)" - Jennifer Lopez featuring 50 Cent
R is for resilience. This year has been very tough for me personally, professionally and emotionally. I have weathered the storm, hurricane, monsoon and blizzard all wrapped into one with an acid rain added to the mix.
"Rock Superstar" - Cypress Hill
O is for Organized. My life may not be as organized as it should but my workouts were. Get up at 3, on the train at 3:45am, at the gym by 4:45am waiting for them to open up, hop in the pool at 5, get to my location by 7:30am to train clients, get on a conference call at 11, try to snag some food, train more clients, get a strength training session in at 3:30, on the bus by 4:45 to coach a 6pm CompuTrainer class. Yeah, organized!
"Outstanding" - Gap Band
N is for Nutty. You may be nutty if you decide to embark in the world of long course.
"Not Afraid" - Eminem
M is for Miles. Yeah, my last name is Miles and I have put in miles and miles of training. Doing my last name proud.
"Money Maker" - Ludacris
A is for Awesome. Anyone who even toes the line to an Iron distance event is AWESOME! Enough said.
"Alright" - Janet Jackson
N is for New. Cozumel is a new course, new experience and new location for me. The last 3 years I was in Arizona.
"New Agenda" - Janet Jackson

C is for CompuTrainer. I spent a LOT OF TIME in the CompuTrainer studio at The Endurance Training Center. The total amount of hours I think I have done is over, at least 100 hours.
"Controversy" - Prince
O is for Opportunity: Cozumel is my opportunity to prove to myself that I can finish this race.
"Off the Wall" - Michael Jackson
Z is for Zen. Training and just working out in general is my Zen.
U is for Understanding: This is more for friends, colleagues etc. who had to understand that my training this year meant more to me than ever.
"Up Jump Da Boogie" - Timbaland featuring Magoo, Missy Elliott and Aaliyah
M is for Motivation: You have to have the motivation and desire to do this. Without motivation, what and why in the hell are you doing it.
"Music" by Erick Sermon
E is for Early: Early morning workouts and getting a jump start on organizing my workouts and my life week by week. You don't do it early, well you will just fall behind..
"Escape" - Prince
L is for Lifestyle: This is a lifestyle for me. Some may understand it. Some may not. It is not my job to make you understand. Just understand that this is a part of me.
"Lose Yourself" - Eminem

And there you have it. I have less than 7 days now and I'm ready. Whatever happens, I'm leaving it all out on the course. Come Sunday, I become Athlete Number 1433.

The saga continues...

No comments:

Post a Comment