Monday, March 16, 2015

Week 2: I'm not dead yet! Just hangry!

So I have officially finished week 2 of training and am now starting week 3. Some awesome things and not so awesome things happened during week 2:

1. I am one of the newest ambassadors for Base Performance.  Check them out at baseperformance.com
2. I was quoted in an article for Women's Health Magazine Online. Check that out at  http://www.womenshealthmag.com/fitness/treadmill-incline
3. I had a damn good 20-minute run test, even though I felt like I wanted to throw up. Dude! I averaged a 9:40/mile pace for 20-minutes all out. NOTE: This has not happened in a LONG while.
4. I did a brief presentation on goal setting to an awesome group of women. Shout out to Team Dream!
5. Did a video demonstrating/explaining some Pilates exercises to another group of awesomely fabulous women. Shout out to Sole Tri Sisters.
6. The last 2 things I will not mention but trust me when I say they are AMAZING!

The not so awesome thing:

1. Got SERIOUSLY bruised up in my swim. This was during my 10 x 100yds swim test (remember that I had 3 baseline tests).  Really, if you are sharing a lane, please don't breast stroke. This guy seriously tried to maul me. It is really too early for open water swimming

So, with my training, I have mastered the art of scheduling. Most of you know that I do not have a normal 9-5. I work in fitness so my schedule, in terms of getting my workouts in, revolve around my teaching, training, coaching and writing schedule. What does this mean? If I have a swim, I am at another gym at 5am in order to get that swim in before I have to get back to my location to train a Pilates Client. Or, it may mean I wake up earlier on a Sunday morning (even if I had been out all night) in order to get a run in before I have to go into work to teach and train. How do I do this? I look at my schedule for the week from my coach (jenny-hayes.com) and compare it with my work schedule. If I can do 2 workouts at the same location, I will do it. Oh, did I tell you that I do all of my traveling on Public Transportation? Case in point. This morning, I went to my other location in the Gold Coast to find out that the pool was closed. SHIT! Cue the Mission Impossible Theme Song: https://youtu.be/mWGeRgFa-hI

What did I do? Hauled ass on CTA to get to our Union Station location to get my swim in, shower and change and high tail it back to East Lakeview to train a client. Mission Accomplished! Oh yeah, CTA is where its at...not really, but it gets me from point A to point B. However, there is one thing that I didn't mention-EATING!

I am going to tell you now, Ironman training will break your grocery bill! If I am not around endurance athletes, it is a little embarrassing eating the amount of food that I can eat, especially after swimming. Yes, this girl can eat. I have to bring snacks such as a piece of fruit, graham crackers, string cheese, almond butter/blackberry jam sandwich, hard boiled eggs or a protein shake with me for post workout. If I do not have anything with me, it tends to get really ugly. Me + hangry = EVIL Joy. This is what I turn into when I do not eat after a hard workout or any workout, who am I kidding:

Image result for picture of a gremlin

If I eat after a workout, I'm more like this guy:

Image result for picture of a furby

Until next week! May the 70 degrees that we are having here in Chicago make a return towards the end of the week.

#FitCoaching #BasePerformance #ProjectIMCozumelinfulleffect #IronFitFro




No comments:

Post a Comment