Monday, March 2, 2015

And here we go again...

It's been a while. I know, I know. Well, now is a good time to let you know what is going on.

When you last read my blog post, I DNF'd at Ironman Arizona. Things happen for a reason and I can seriously say that more people were upset for me not finishing. It happens, things happen. Well, I have an update for you...I'm back in the saddle again (well, I never left the saddle). So, where am I going? Well, it's not Arizona. Say what??? I know. I'm heading South, South of the border. I'm running away to Mexico... Cozumel that is.

Why Cozumel?
1. Why not? It's Mexico, duh? Sunshine, sand, warmth (did I mention it is November 29th?), ocean, margaritas, November in Mexico vs. November in Chicago
2. I needed a warmer weather race that suits my strengths. READ: FLAT BIKE COURSE! OCEAN SWIM! NO WETSUIT!
3. I need a VACATION! For those of you who know me very well, I am a workaholic! There, I admitted it! That, in itself is a big thing for me to do.

What am I changing?
Well, I am actually working with a coach. In the past 3 Ironman trainings, I have followed a training plan, but had to work it around my dysfunctional schedule. Most times, I would have to do a lot of training solo and hope to have the time to do some group workouts.

This time around, I am now working with a coach. Who, you may ask? Jenny Hayes (jenny-hayes.com), of course! Yes, a coach needs a coach also. I am leaving it in her capable hands to get me through this journey. I have a goal time in mind which I am going to keep very quiet. Only my inner awesome circle will know what that time is. So, no more crazy ass workouts when stressed... which means I need to stay as stress free as possible. Friends, you may have to do some intervention work if I get stressed. :)

So there you have it.

The saga continues...

2 comments:

  1. I'm so excited to see where this takes you! And to hear about your experience working one-on-one with a coach after having done a training plan that you customized several times! May the force be with you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much Lauren! It's helping me to really not stupid crazy like I normally do especially when stressed when I have the tendency to work out like a fiend and not eat.

    I'm excited for you and your journey to IMOO!

    ReplyDelete