Sunday, March 8, 2015

I Survived Week 1 of training

So, as the title indicates, I did indeed survive week 1 of IM Cozumel training. Since I have a very DYSFUNCTIONAL schedule: I work in the Fitness Industry and at any given time I may step in to sub a class or 2, a client may ask for an extra session in the week, a client may cancel or I may have a meeting or 2 to attend. Due to this, I have to plan my week accordingly. What does this mean, you may be asking? Sometimes it means that I am at the gym at 5am in order to get my swim in (in a 25 yard pool) which translates to me leaving my apartment at 4 am at the latest. Or, if I have a break in the middle of the day, I maximize my time to get that workout in.

Crazy? Maybe. Impossible? Not in the least bit. See, the thing is if you are training for an Ironman, you will learn how to prioritize your time or it will bite you in the ass later on in your training.

How did this past week go? Well, I had my FTP (Functional Threshold Power Test) and it went ok (166 watts (95%) for 20 minutes except I felt like crap afterwards. My legs felt like lead after that but then I had to run 15 minutes on the treadmill. READ: The WORST  run EVER!!!!! The last 6 minutes, I switched my iPOD to George Kranz's "Din Daa Daa" http://youtu.be/-hTSvEgEdjs
This song will get you those last 5-10 watts! I did, however have one goof. I didn't eat enough for my swim on Wednesday since it was a midday workout. Moral of the story, Don't swim hangry!
Yeah, that didn't go over to well with my coach so, yes, I will eat more before a swim workout and bring something afterwards. Also, in this same week, I was able to switch my Friday and Saturday workouts and actually have Saturday as my rest day even though I was working the Indoor Triathlon. I didn't workout unless you count demonstrating a few PILATES exercises to a class and running up and down the stairs delivering race results. I was good! I really was....I have witnesses. LOL!

The bad? I jammed my ring finger on my right hand so it is still swollen. Don't ask.

So, what's on tap for this week? More testing: swim and run and a lot more workouts.

Until next week... keep training.

#FitCoaching #ProjectIMCozumelinfulleffect #IronFitFro

No comments:

Post a Comment