Friday, August 7, 2015

I'm sorry, we don't carry that size...

The above title says it all. This is what I deal with ALL the time when trying to purchase running shoes and we will not talk about cycling shoes. The problem is I wear a size 12 AA. My feet are long and skinny. I will not say where I bought my last pair of shoes, however when I attempted to shop for new running shoes, I was in tears when I left. How is it that I am a coach and I can't get shoes? I do not blame the retailers except some of the employees need to be a little more sensitive, especially when I am the informed consumer. I come in on a mission; mission impossible, that is.

The shoes I was wear previously were the Newton Running Women's Gravity 3. These shoes were this obnoxious ass Pepto Bismol Pink with 5 lugs, but they were amazing. Well, I killed those shoes and was ready to get a new pair in time for marathon coaching and the continuation of my Ironman training. Well, I found out the update of the shoe ran very short., which meant I would have to buy a size 13. Where is my cocktail for this? No, really. Here is the problem, Newton's only go to size 12 in women and I had to change out the laces in order for them to fit my skinny feet. Well, a sales person insisted I get the men's version. Dude, do I look like a man? My feet are TOO SKINNY. What the frack?

So, we tried the Brooks Pure Cadence 4. Oh, they did not feel right at all. My feet were not happy when their slogan is "Run Happy". It was more like "Run Pissed Off". I use to run in the Adrenaline's version 10, 11 and 12 and the original Pure Project series. I was getting frustrated. It was worse than the Prince trying to find Cinderella and the glass slipper. And now I was really needing a shot or two of tequila. It was just as traumatic as shopping for jeans. Now that is a totally different blog post.

Ok, the guy is at his wits end. Really? What about me? I would have went with Adidas, but that super cushy stuff has gots to go. It was giving me pain. New Balance fresh foam was not so fresh and so clean. I was getting my hopes up since they were the first company I went with when I started actually running, running with my narrow ass feet. I had went through the 711, 712, 713, 714, 990, 991, 991, 1220, 1221...you get my drift. Again, no love.

Now I am challenging the shoe companies that I have mentioned to help a sister out. I am beyond frustrated that I have to go all "Mission Impossible" https://youtu.be/d-GEJri7HuI to find some running shoes for my feet and my running profile.

Your mission, if you choose to accept it, is to create a running shoe that does not cost an arm, a leg and my right eye that will make me a Happy Happy, Joy Joy.

No comments:

Post a Comment