Thursday, August 6, 2015

I AM...

Interesting title, right? Well, let's see:
  1. I AM...an athlete
  2. I AM...a damn good trainer
  3. I AM...tired
  4. I AM...feeling the lows and highs of training
  5. I AM...determined
  6. I AM...fierce
  7. I AM...focused
  8. I AM...you fill in the blank
This week has been hard. I'm heading into a recovery week, but I have been having a time. Today was the pinnacle of it. I went in early to CompuTrainer to change my back tire because that thing had a lovely split down the middle. WTF? Oh yeah, I have NEVER CHANGED A TIRE. A tube, yeah. So, I'm working on it but I forgot one little thing...my arm is still effed up from my EPIC FACE PLANT last week. That is a whole different story. I almost had a breakdown. I know I was tired physically and mentally (oh, I haven't been sleeping or really eating). Thank goodness I have some wonderful friends to help me out on this (thank you again Megan, Fred and Ed). Oh, and my gears were acting wonky. Uggghhhhhh!!!!!!! Yeah folks, Ironman training will test anyone and everyone. Right after, I had to do a 3000 yard swim. Well, the pool got beat up. I took no prisoners. I did shed a tear or 2 or maybe a million in the pool before work. I guess it proved I'm human. Just little things have been setting me off, such as finding running shoes in my size (oh, that is another post coming tomorrow...shoe manufacturers, get ready to be challenged); needing a bike that actually fits me (not in the cards); and a circus of stuff that I am dealing with. I think that next week will be, no, IT WILL BE BETTER!

So I think that is it for now since I have been slacking on my poor blog.

TOMORROW: The effing difficulty of finding size 12AA (that is double narrow running shoes). Almost as bad as blue jeans shopping.

#RoadtoCozumelcontinues

1 comment: