Sunday, August 17, 2014

60 miles + 4 miles: What's going on?

A little over a week and a half ago, I received some news that was not so good. I could have just shrunk like a violet or rise to the occasion. In this case, I rose like a Phoenix rising from the ashes-cue:X-Men comics. What did I do? I ran and swam and ran some more. When all was said and done, I had did damn near 60 miles of running and 4 miles of running in a week-its what I do when I am upset, mad, stressed, have something on my mind, trying to find a solution to a problem, etc. (Hey, it's a whole lot better than punching a brick wall.) On top of that, I started creating workouts in CompuTrainer and some swim workouts (not for the faint of heart).  It's a way for me to figure things out. But one thing that I have figured out is that I am happy I have fitness as a way to work out my problems (also train for Ironman Arizona). As in any long course endurance training, you will have hiccups and bumps down the road, but don't let it deter you from your ultimate mission. For me, it's crossing the finish line but there are some other things as well that I can go on and on about, but will not. Don't let a hiccup stop you from succeeding.

Peace, Love and Soul! 

No comments:

Post a Comment