Monday, October 7, 2013

41 Days: GLADIATOR!!!!!

“Anticipate the difficult by managing the easy” - Lao Tzu This quote really struck a chord within me. After the ups and downs like a roller coaster that I have felt, I feel a little better now. I have 6 weeks before I toe the line at Ironman Arizona and EVERYTHING that can be thrown at me, it has. From lack of sleep, not eating enough, working too much, training a lot, it is getting to me but you know what? I ain't got time for that! This next 3 weeks is going to be ROUGH!! That's why I am nicknaming this period of my training GLADIATOR mode!!! I have to think of this training as a battle everyday with my dysfunctional work, eat and sleep schedule. I am seeing the light at the end of the tunnel but it is soooo far away. My swimming is improving(thank you Allan and Derrick), running is my thing (Run Joy Run). I may be slow but damn it I can still chase your ass down. : P Now let's talk about what scares the ever loving crap out of me (besides CLOWNS) is the bike. I have a plan (A, B, C and D) in order to tackle the bike depending on how my swim goes. I know it's in my hed but HELL, its 112 miles on a bike where my seat is about 4 inches wide. No, really. Oh, and did I forget to say that it may be HOT in Arizona. I guess I can work on that most fabulous tan, right?? Let me stop all of this rambling. This week calls for: Monday: 60 minute swim Tuesday: 75 minute CompuTrainer class followed by a 30 minute run (Brick) and a 15 min Strength session Wednesday: 60 minutes of swimming, 90 minutes of running and 15 minutes of strength Thursday: 60 minutes of running and 30 minutes of Strength (add in that I take a 2nd CompuTrainer class on this day) Friday: 2 hours of swimming Saturday: Kona viewing party in CompuTrainer (400 minutes biking ~ 6 1/2 hours) + 50 minutes of running and 15 minutes of Strength Sunday: 180 minutes of running + 15 minutes of strength. Okay, here comes my creativity in my plan. This Sunday is the Chicago Marathon which I have to work and cheer on my athletes sooo, I am running 18 miles on Friday (my work schedule is cray cray this week). My 2 hour swim is happening at an ungodly time on Friday just to get it in unless I do it on Thursday. Whew!! I think that is it for now soo, I am going to find some food before I eat one of my coworkers. Happy Happyt Joy Joy

No comments:

Post a Comment