Monday, October 28, 2013

20 days: Begin the taper....

So I have 20 days remaining before I compete at Ironman Arizona. How am I feeling? Excited, stressed, anxious, tired, overwhelmed, relieved...well, you get the picture. This past week was Peak Week of training and I was a total head case. Not because of training, but work as well. I have been burning the candle on both ends for a LONG TIME and it is now catching up. Some highlights of Peak Week: Monday: 1 hour swim Tuesday: 75 minute CompuTrainer + 30 min Run in the rain + 15 minutes of strength training Wednesday: 60 minute swim (almost 2 miles) + 55 minute run in the cold and a 15 min strength training Thursday: Another 75 minute CompuTrainer + a 60 minute run and a 30 minute strength training which became 45 minutes of Pilates Friday: 96 minute swim (well, that became 5, 338 yards in a 17 yard pool for you guessed it-157 laps or 3.032 miles in a time of 1 hour and 40 odd minutes) Saturday: 2.4 mile swim (1:14:09) and a total of 63 miles biking and 1 mile of running. 30 minutes of strength was attempting pushups, squats and lunges (oh it was NOT pretty) and then I passed out once I got home from another swim practice that I help coach Sunday: 11 mile run at 4 am in the morning. My body hates me, I'm cranky and tired and I am ready for Arizona! Bring it!! Emotionally, I am a total wreck. This is sooo worse than PMS. Don't let anyone tell you otherwise. And to top it off, one of my suitcases is packed since I have to fly to North Carolina a week before for the USAT Level I Coaching Certification in Raleigh, NC. But you know what made Saturday's workout? Listening to Prince Radio on Pandora and singing along with my training partners. So, stressed out...not at all!!! Now it is time to get into serious GLADIATOR MODE!!! Please be nice to me and don't make me cry. And if you touch my food or coffee...you may or may not have a hand...

No comments:

Post a Comment