Tuesday, December 31, 2019

2019 is almost done and 2020 has just gotten very interesting

I know, it's been a while but now I'm back. For real, for real, I'm back! So, what have I been up to?

1. In February, I went to Austin, TX to do the Austin Half Marathon with my good friend Sally.

Yes, that is my medal with a bowl of ice cream. I deserved it.

2. I did Chattanooga 70.3 in May for a second time with the swim being being cut short AGAIN!!!! 


3. At the end of September, I did the Chicago Half Marathon in the pouring rain. I actually did 17 miles of it as opposed to 13.1 as I was on coach duty and also running back and forth running my athletes in.


4. I did the Girls on the Run 5k to help out one of my athletes to be a running buddy to a young girl. Although it was my slowest 5k, it was so much fun except the girl I was paired with face planted towards the end. Don't worry, she got up and finished like a Champ!



5. In the early part of November, I flew down to Miami for the MiamiMan Multisport Festival. I competed in the Aquathlon (1000m swim and 5k run). It was literally a fly in/fly out race. The only goal I had was to get 18th place in my age group which would mean I would qualify for the ITU World Championships in Almere-Amsterdam in 2020. Guess what? I qualified! Yes, I am going to Amsterdam by any means necessary to race. I can't pass up this opportunity.


6. Last, but not least, the Turkey Trot 8k on Thanksgiving morning with my T2 #ganginred

So, as I prepare to swim 100 x 100 yards after I finish training clients (yes, 10,000 YARDS) on this NYE, 2020 is the year of Joy.

I am going to actually put myself first. I normally don't race a lot due to my commitment as a trainer and a coach. Not gonna happen in 2020. If all goes well, this is my race schedule for 2020:

March 28:         Rock n' Roll DC Marathon
April 26:           Challenge Cancun
May 23:            Soldier Field 10 Miler
June 27-28:       Rev3 Sprint and Half Iron
September 10:   ITU World Championships - Aquathlon
September 27:   Chicago Half Marathon
October 11:       Chicago Marathon (I am actually starting and may/may not finish - coach duties)
November 22:   Ironman Cozumel 

Whew! That's a lot but we'll see how it goes! Happy training and Happy New Year!
#afrocoach #milesandsmiles #swimmer #blackmermaid #blackgirlsswim #cyclist #runner #coach #athlete #marathoner #triathlete #multisportathlete #coffeelover 










No comments:

Post a Comment