Monday, September 25, 2017

A HOT Ass 13.1: The Chicago Half Marathon

I normally post on my Instagram (@fitness724) the number of things that corresponds to the number of miles that we run. Well, I had to finally dust off my blog for this one. Yesterday was the 21st edition of the Chicago Half Marathon ran by the awesome folks at Lifetime Athletic Events. The main mission was to stay in the back and pace my normal posse of  T2 athletes-keep them on pace, make sure they hydrate, eat, watch their breathing and count shirtless men. More about the last one later. Here is how everything went.

This Half-Marathon was brought to you by:
1. A total of 317 Shirtless men! #109 was hot, chocolate yumminess. Trust me on this. Why count shirtless guys? It keeps you from thinking of how hot and humid it was.
2. Heat and Humidity!
3. The T2 quest for Diet Coke!
4. The rainbow at the misting station before the turnaround.
5. Sunscreen, hydration, nutrition and salt.
We were looking good! Photo credit: John Gress
6. Listen to your footsteps. It should sound like a bunny fart. Huh? Ever heard a bunny fart? EXACTLY!!!!
7. The ladies who wanted to hang out with us because we were so cool.
8. Is that a chicken? Is that a Chic-Fil-A Chicken? Ohhhhh, it's a turkey reminding us of the Turkey Trot. I think we should all sign up. We get to turn around now!
9. Creating the rough draft of the new romance novel, "Manathon". One woman's quest for love while running the Chicago Half Marathon. Coming soon to iTunes, Kindle and the next T2EA fundraiser.
10. Running backwards. No, literally running backwards for the last 1.5 miles to keep Janine focused on the finish line. I may have pushed Janine towards the finish line.



 photo credit: Bernard Lyle
11. My fellow Purplehead, Kevin Oldenstedt.
Image may contain: 1 person, beard, sky, sunglasses, outdoor and closeup
photo credit: Kevin Oldenstedt
12. Having a popsicle at the finish line. ABSOLUTELY NEEDED!!!!
13. This BIG ASS MEDAL! Best bling in Chicago!!!!



No automatic alt text available.
.1: Having the pleasure to see all of my returning and brand new athletes to the Half Marathon distance complete the Chicago Half Marathon in less than ideal conditions with smiles (and beers, not me! I had to go into work). In addition, I did give the shuttle bus drive directions back to the Belmont Red Line Station. 

T-minus 12 days for  the Chicago Marathon. 


No comments:

Post a Comment