Monday, October 19, 2015

Gratitude, beauty and friendships...

Gratitude: grat·i·tude [ˈɡradəˌt(y)o͞od]: the quality of being thankful; readiness to show appreciation for and to return kindness:
"she expressed her gratitude to the committee for their support"
synonyms: gratefulness · thankfulness · thanks · appreciation ·

indebtedness · recognition · acknowledgment · credit
 
I am usually not at a loss for words but this is a slight departure from my normal blog post and  I really should be asleep or eating or something of the likes. It has taken me almost 2 months to come up with the words to really express how I feel on what happened on Labor Day. If you are friends with me on Facebook, you know exactly what happened. I truly thought that I was in on a 50th birthday surprise for my friend Sally. Little did I know that the surprise was actually for me.
 
In these past weeks, I have really just been thinking about how truly thankful that I am to everyone and I do promise to do my damnedest to kick Cozumel's a$$ as athlete #1451. Yeah, bib numbers are out!
 
Beauty: beau·ty [ˈbyo͞odē]:

  1. a combination of qualities, such as shape, color, or form, that pleases the aesthetic senses, especially the sight:
    "I was struck by her beauty"
  2. a beautiful or pleasing thing or person, in particular.
I find beauty in what I do. It may sound hokey, but I see beauty and grace when I am training/teaching Pilate; I see the magnificence in swimming, running and... yes, biking. Fitness is not about the pretty that most people see, but it is the behind the scenes,  the grittiness, the rawness, the struggle and eventually, the triumph.

 
Friendship... well, see below

THANK YOU!

No comments:

Post a Comment