Monday, November 11, 2013

6 Days: I AM ATHLETE 995

In 6 days, I will be toeing the line at Ironman Arizona. It has been a long journey which started for me, last year when I didn't make the bike cutoff. I have been on this mission that I will train, train, train and will cross that finish line. I have learned a lot about myself throughout this journey. Along the way, this is what happened: *I have deleted people out of my life (very negative) *Met some amazingly fabulous people(very positive) *Learned to love the bike (I am a headcase while riding) *Found inner peace swimming and running *Ran through more swimsuits than humanly allowed unless you are an Olympian *Worked more hours than humanly possible (I admit, I AM A WORKAHOLIC) *Slept less than most teenagers *Have a new appreciation for Caffeine, chomps, Mark Bars (oh my GOD!!!!!) and Peanut Butter filled Pretzels I have faced my fear of the bike, I have squeezed in every bit of training on my plan, even if it meant working out at 3am. Luckily, the fitness facility that I work at is 24 hours. Currently, I am trying to cram 7 days of working (I work 7 days a week) into 4 days since I fly out this Thursday. I just came back from the USAT Level I coaching clinic so my brain is FRIED, but now it is time to refocus. Am I nervous? No-I am eerily calm. Maybe its because I know what to expect, maybe I have no undue pressure riding on me this year, I don't know to be quite honest. We will see. Just to think that all of this craziness started because I watched World Wide of Sports in 1982 and saw Julie Moss crawl to the finish line..."A champion is someone who gets up, even when they can't." - Natalie Rogers

No comments:

Post a Comment